Monday, February 27, 2012

Flattery

Flattery gets you nowhere.  Who said that?  What were they thinking?  My guess is that they felt flattery will take us in the wrong direction.  I certainly am not dispensing such a thought, I'm just adding on to a great presentation. 

Psalm 36:2 says:
For in his own eyes he flatters himself too much to detect or hate his sin. 

At times I get pretty proud of myself.  I meddle with my conscience enough so I don't feel bad doing things God wouldn't approve of.  I'm a learned man who can decipher God's word incredibly to allow most anything.  And, even if I'm not comfortable with my actions now give me some time and I'll come around. 

How far have I fallen?  I know I don't hate sin like I should, but have I flattered myself so much that I can't even detect sin anymore?  Great spiritual men and women have taken steps backward in their godly lives because flattery has become much too convincing.  So what kind of a chance do I have?  I work at a grocery store, my Greek is Greek to me and I don't seek the creator for mercy near enough. 

Help my pride to falter, my knees to bend and my heart to break because I'm afraid flattery will take me where I don't want to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment