Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Addiction

Have I become addicted to the drugs of the "pharisudicals"?  Do this, do that and everything will be fabulous.  The Pharisees had it all figured out.  All the rules and regulations were written down on their hearts of stone.  There was no desire to love God, there was only a desire to think they were wonderful.

Why do I feel I can achieve greatness to a point of perfection and stand before the creator of the world?  Why do I even want to be perfect?

"Wow, I'm pretty incredable!"
"I wonder what everyone thinks about me?"
"Now I must be good enough to go before God."

Doing things to achieve perfection and make myself wonderful in the sight of a perfect God, drags out my pride and blemishes the wonderfulness of it all.  God never tries to be perfect.  He never wonders or thinks about it.  God is just perfect!

My only possibility to come before such a great God is to realize how pitiful I really am and allow the blood of Jesus to cover me as I approach the throne.  When Jesus' blood has covered my sin and the Holy Spirit moves into my life, I can finally realize that all this has nothing to do with me.  I now can serve and do good because thats what my God deserves. 

I must cry for mercy not praise.  I must serve for His glory not my portfolio.  I must change my addiction to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment