Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Invitation

Not long ago I was invited to a meeting.  Important decisions were being made, advice was being asked for, input and influence were taking place.  Ideas of great significance, which could greatly impact our lives were being discussed.  Included in this meeting were lawyers, corporate people, builders, teachers, entrepreneurs and spiritual prayer warriors.  Sound advice and great encouragement flew around the room like snow in a Minnesota blizzard.  Other then some awkward participatory remarks, I had nothing to infuse into these conversations.  Actually, I really didn't have much business being part of this gathering.  Amazingly, all things considered, I was part of this, I was invited.

Not much unlike this meeting, though on a much grander scale, I was invited to join a family I also had no business being part of.  My guilt and recklessness had left the Savior of the world abandoned on a cross being punished for my participatory sinfulness.  Not only was He punished, He died.  However, this Jesus came back to life to stomp on this limitation we call death and included me in a never ending life...if I should accept His invitation.

Do I deserve to be included and called a friend or even listened to by a group of such influential people? No.  Do I deserve to fall on my face and even think of this thing called redemption? Absolutely not!  But I was generously invited and I accepted.  This acceptance included me in spite of myself.

Easter reminds us of this gift and of who so graciously gave it.  However, you can't have the pleasure of this gift if you don't ask for forgiveness and accept the invitation.  I was invited....I accepted....I am part of His family.  This Savior of the world has invited you as well.  Don't set Him aside.  Come to the empty tomb and accept His incredible invitation.

                                             Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment